[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgMDzyq_7HE] Sorry it has taken me a while to do this wrap-up: South Florida's Best Block photo and video competition -- presented by the Miami Herald, WLRN, and Townhouse Center, and sponsored by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation with fiscal sponsorship by the Miami Foundation -- received more than 200 entries of photos and videos. Winners were announced at Wynwood Walls in early October. The Best Overall Block prize was re-named this year the Goldman Prize in honor of Tony Goldman, the urban visionary who passed away recently.
Best Overall Block 2012 "Goldman Prize": Espanola Way in Miami Beach
Individual Prizes for Photo
- 1st Prize ($600): Business Improvement District of Coral Gables with a photo of Miracle Mile in Coral Gables
- 2nd Prize ($500): Jesse Bailey with a photo of Clematis St in West Palm Beach
- 3rd Prize ($400): Barry Miller with a photo of Espanola Way in Miami Beach
Individual Prizes for Video
- 1st Prize ($600): Jared Robins with a video of Espanola Way in Miami Beach
- 2nd Prize ($500): Mitchell Koch with a video of Calle Ocho in Miami
- 3rd Prize ($400): Jesse Bailey and Aaron Wormus with a video of Clematis St in West Palm Beach
- Honorable Mention: Emerge Miami with videos of Allapattah, Design District, Little Haiti, Midtown, and Wynwood in Miami
Judges: Victor Dover, Rick Gonzalez, Arva Parks, and Greg Stuart.
Media coverage -- including video, audio, and text -- on the Press page.