Design > Small, Attached, Prototypical, Adaptable
- Video: Slow Home Studio, including managing overlooking neighbors, “clear” and “poor” floorplans, staircases, and entries.
- Blog: Small-Scale City
- Print: Atelier Bow-Wow, Pet Architecture Guide Book Vol. 2.
- Print: Robert Dalziel & Sheila Qureshi, House in the City: Home Truths in Urban Architecture.
- Print: Eric Firley & Caroline Stahl, Urban Housing Handbook.
- Print: Avi Friedman, Narrow Houses: New Directions in Efficient Design.
- Print: Adam Mornement & Annabel Biles, Infill: New Houses for Urban Sites.
- Print: Sam Newberg, “Little Infill”, Urban Land 2012-03/04, p. 102.
- Print: Peter Skinner, “When a Little Is a Lot: An Architect's View”, Queensland Planner, Vol. 44 No. 1 (2004-03)
- Video: Store Front. Also gallery: Store Front. Also print: James Murray & Karla, Store Front: The Disappearing Face of New York.
- Gallery: Full Frontal TO. Also print: Shawn Micallef & Patrick Cummins, Full Frontal TO: Exploring Toronto's Architectural Vernacular.
- E-Publication: Frontage Secrets by Brown Design Studio
- Site: Living Together: Tenements
- Site: Missing Middle Housing
- Site: "What Makes Paris Look Like Paris?" including video, paper, open-source code, Paris/non game.
- E-Publication: Jacob Wegman, "What Happened to the Three-Decker?", Master Thesis MIT 2006-09.
- Print: Steven Holl, Pamphlet Architecture #5: The Alphabetical City.
- Print: Steven Holl, Pamphlet Architecture #9: Rural & Urban House Types.
- Print: Doug Kelbaugh, “Typology - An Architecture of Limits”, Architectural Theory Review, Vol. 1 Issue 2 (1996) pp. 33-52.
- Print: James Tice, “Theme & Variations: A Typological Approach to Housing Design, Teaching, and Research”, Journal of Architectural Education, Vol. 46 No. 3 (1993-02) pp. 162-175.
- Print: Courtyard Housing, ARCH 5110 Housing and Aggregation Studio 2009 fall (Northeastern University School of Architecture).
- Organization: Open Building.
- Site: Design for Reuse Primer.
- E-Publication: Susan Piedmont-Palladino, "Incredible Adaptable Rowhouse", Build a Better Burb.
- E-Publication: The Environmental Value of Building Reuse, Preservation Green Lab
- E-Publication: Learning from Los Angeles, Partnership for Building Reuse (Preservation green Lab and Urban Land Institute)
- E-Publication: Retrofitting Philadelphia, Partnership for Building Reuse (Preservation green Lab and Urban Land Institute)
- E-Publication: Building on Baltimore's History, Partnership for Building Reuse (Preservation green Lab and Urban Land Institute)
- Print: Avi Friedman, Grow Home.
- Print: Stephen Kendall, Homeworks: A New American Townhouse.