Design > Townhouse, Rowhouse, Shophouse, & Brownstone
- E-Publication: Timo Hamalainen, "Why Townhouses? A Comparative Study of Emerging Housing Concepts in Helsinki & Stockholm" masters thesis (Vrije Universiteit Brussel Department of European Urban Cultures 2013).
- Print: Marcus Binney, Town Houses: Evolution & Innovation in 800 Years of Urban Domestic Architecture.
- Print: Marcus Binney, Town Houses: Urban Houses from 1200 to the Present Day.
- Print: Charles Broto, Town Houses.
- Print: Horst Buttner & Gunter Meissner, Town Houses of Europe.
- Print: Jeffrey Cohen, "The Queen Anne & the Late Victorian townhouse in Philadelphia, 1878-1895" dissertation (University of Pennsylvania Department of Art History 1991 Spring).
- Print: Mary Fishman & Tom Smith, “Town House Standards”, Zoning Practice, Vol. 27 No. 2 (2010) pp 2-10.
- Print: Alexander Gorlin, Creating the New American Townhouse.
- Print: Alexander Gorlin, The New American Town House.
- Print: Bernard Herman, Town House: Architecture & Material Life in the Early American City, 1780-1830.
- Print: Ann Heuer, Architecture & Design Library: Townhouses.
- Print: Sibylle Kramer, Townhouses & More.
- Print: Charles Lockwood, Bricks & Brownstones: The New York Town House.
- Print: Kevin Murphy, The American Townhouse.
- Print: Anthony Quiney, Town Houses of Medieval Britain.
- Print: Rachel Stewart, The Town House in Georgian London.
- Print: Rachel Stewart, The Classic English Town House.
- Print: Hans Stimmann, Town House.
- Print: James Trulove, The Modern Townhouse: The Latest in Urban & Suburban Design.
- Print: Andreas Vetter, Townhouses.
- E-Publication: "Field Guide to New Rowhouse Construction", blog post serties, Hidden City Philadelphia
- Print: Kenneth Ames, “Robert Mills and the Philadelphia Row House”, Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, Vol. 27 No. 2 (1968-05) pp. 140-146.
- Print: Andrew Dolkart, The Row House Reborn: Architecture & Neighborhoods in New York City, 1908-1929.
- Print: Mary Hayward & Charles Belfoure, The Baltimore Rowhouse.
- Print: Sarah Landau, “The Row Houses of New York's West Side”, Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, Vol. 34 No. 1 (1975-03) pp. 19-36.
- Print: William Murtagh, “The Philadelphia Row House”, Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, Vol. 16 No. 4 (1957-12) pp. 8-13.
- Print: Frank So, "Information Report No. 164: Row Houses" (APA 1962).
- Print: Patricia Tedesco, "Interplay: Studies in Rowhouse Design", thesis (Virginia Tech School of Architecture 2001 Fall).
- Site: Shophouses, Singapore Urban Redevelopment Authority.
- Site: Shophouse Preservation
- Site: Penang Shophouses, including definition, presentation about styles, and tips and more tips about renovation.
- Print: Kevin Cavanaugh, Rowhouse Sketchbook, Masters thesis (MIT Dept. of Architecture 1976).
- Print: Howard Davis, “Asian Shophouses in a Global Perspective”, presented at Evolution & Rehabilitation of the Asian Shophouse, Hong Kong 2007-05-11.
- Print: Julian Davison, Singapore Shophouse.
- Print: Shelby Dillon, Shophouse.
- Print: Patricia Fels, “Conserving the Shophouse City”, presented at Penang Story, Penang, Malaysia 2002-04.
- Print: Patricia Fels, “Penang's Shophouse Culture”, Places, Vol. 9 No. 1 (2004) pp. 46-55.
- Print: Soehardi Hartono, "The Pre-War Shophouses of Medan: Its Development and Prospect of Conservation”, presented at Evolution & Rehabilitation of the Asian Shophouse, Hong Kong 2007-05-11.
- Print: Wan Hashimah & Shuhana Shamsuddin, “The Old Shophouse as Part of the Malaysian Urban Heritage: The Current Dilemma”, presented at Asian Planning Schools Association 2005-09.
- Print: Lee Ho,“The Making of the Singapore Shophouse”, presented at Evolution & Rehabilitation of the Asian Shophouse, Hong Kong 2007-05-11.
- Print: Lee Ho, “Pre-war Tong Lau: A Hong Kong Shophouse Typology”, Heritage Assessment Report for Conservation Approach to a Shophouse Cluster”, ed. AGC Design (Urban Renewal Authority 2008), later issued separately (Antiquities and Monuments Office and Commissioner for Heritage's Office 2009-12-10, revised 2010-04-19).
- Shen-Wei Huang, "Adaptation of the Taiwanese rowhouse with computer application in the design process", thesis (MIT 1986).
- Print: Yoshihisa Wakita & Hideo Shiraishi, “Spatial Recomposition of Shophouses in Phnom Penh, Cambodia”, Journal of Asian Architecture and Building Engineering, Vol. 9 No. 1 (2010-05) pp. 207-214.
- E-Publication: "Brownstone Rundown", blog post series, Street Easy