Design > Misc.
Photos & Drawings
- Site: Mid-Rise Mixed-Use
- Gallery: Helsinki townhouse competition and entries
- Gallery: Baltimore Infill Survey competition. Also Elizabeth Dickinson, "The Great Infill Challenge", Metropolis Magazine 2009-03-02.
- Gallery: Townhouse Center photo stream
- Gallery: Urban Dwellings architecture course, University of Miami, 2009 fall semester.
- Mountain View, California: Rowhouse & Townhouse Guidelines
- New York, New York: Rowhouse Manual and Rowhouse Styles, Landmarks Preservation Commission.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Rowhouse Manual
- Toronto, Canada: Infill Townhouse Design Guidelines
- Penang, Malaysia: "Renovation Do's & Don'ts" for facades and materials
- E-Publication: OTR Green Historic Study, Over-the-Rhine Foundation.
- E-Publication: Greening New York City's Historic Buildings: Green Rowhouse Manual, Municipal Art Society of New York.
- E-Publication: Realizing the Energy Efficiency Potential of Small Buildings, Preservation Green Lab
- E-Publication: Deep Energy Retrofits for Existing Buildings, Preservation Green Lab
- E-Publication: Saving Windows Saving Money, Preservation Green Lab
- E-Publication: Outcome-Based Energy Codes, Preservation Green Lab
- Print: Helena Hashim & Norafida Ghafar, “Exploring Historical Shop-House and Townhouse Vernacular Architectural Design and Elements as a Solution for Successful Passive low Energy Housing", The Challenge of Awareness in Developing Societies, ed. Dana Raydan & Habib Melki, pp. 197-202, presented at Passive and Low Energy Architecture, Beirut, Lebanon, 2005-11.
- Print: Pattaranan Takkanon, "Design Guidelines for Indoor Comfort in Row Houses in Hot-humid Climates" (University of Queensland School of Geography, Planning & Architecture dissertation 2006), presented at Passive and Low Energy Architecture, Geneva, Switzerland 2006-09.
- Print: Bainbridge Bunting, Houses of Boston's Back Bay.
- Print: Randall Cotton & Jeffrey Cohen, “Vernacular houses: The Philadelphia Trinity house”, Old-House Journal, Vol. 20 No.3 (1992-05/06) p. 4.
- Print: Elizabeth McCall, Old Philadelphia Houses on Society Hill, 1750-1840.
- Print: Stephen & Wanda Mouzon, The Bienville Collection.
- Print: Kevin Murphy, The Houses of Greenwich Village.
- Print: Alice Read, “Making a House a Home in a Philadelphia Neighborhood”, Perspectives in Vernacular Architecture, Vol. 2 (1986) pp. 192-199.
- Print: Virginia Restemeyer & E. Weiner, Hip & Hidden Philadelphia: The Unexpected House in a City of Tradition.
- Print: Henk Zantkuijl, Bouwen in Amsterdam.