South Florida's Best Block
To engage our community with the idea of fine-grain urban neighborhoods and small-scale urban buildings, we organized a photo and video competition called South Florida's Best Block, presented with the Miami Herald and WLRN and supported by the Knight Foundation. The competition got a lot of entries and media mentions, and started a lot of conversations. Try one in your city!
- South Florida's Best Block competition website.
- Entries of photos and videos.
- Jury "Goldman Prize" for best block: Espanola Way.
- Jury prizes for video: 1st Jared Robins for Espanola Way; 2nd Mitchell Koch for Calle Ocho; 3rd Jesse Bailey and Aaron Wormus for Clematis St; Honorable Mention Emerge Miami for Allapattah, Design District, Little Haiti, Midtown, and Wynwood.
- Jury prizes for photo: 1st Business Improvement District of Coral Gables for Miracle Mile; 2nd Jesse Bailey for Clematis St; 3rd Barry Miller for Espanola Way.
- Jury citations.
- People's Choice: Clematis St.